Why City Life?
CE National has always been interested in offering a variety of ministry opportunities for students that will aid them in their walk with Jesus. Operation Barnabas has been in existence for 45 years—and involves multiple weeks of the summer.
The Urban Hope Training Center offers weekend and one-week ministry opportunities in the inner-city of Philadelphia for students to be involved in ministry with their church youth group. “City Life” offers a one week experience for high school students—even if their local church youth leaders are not able to participate in a week long ministry opportunity. City Life focuses on ministry opportunities in major metropolitan areas, and this summer will partner with two of our Urban Hope Training Centers; Philadelphia and Los Angeles!
Trained adult leadership staff will host a day of orientation and then it is off to put it into practice.
So who can participate in City Life? While this ministry is for high school students, it includes those going into 9th grade (just finished 8th grade) through those who have just graduated.
Urban Hope, Operation Barnabas, and Operation Barnabas International—are all ministry programs that have been overseen for many years by CE National. The same philosophy, purpose, and care is being put into the growth and spiritual development for all participating on this City Life’s seven day ministry opportunity.
So why would a high school student want to go on City Life?
- You get to travel to unique and interesting places
- You get to help people
- You get to serve in the name of Jesus with other high school students from around the country
- It isn’t for a whole summer—it is for 7 days
Why would a youth pastor want a student of his to go on City Life?
- It provides a great opportunity to help a student “stretch out of his or her comfort zone”
- It will encourage a student to get involved in the ministry at the local church and the home community upon returning home
Why would parents want their student to go on City Life?
- It teaches self reliance within a context of spiritual supervision
- It broadens the student’s view of the world and its need for God
- The time commitment is just 7 days so there are other options for the summer as well (band camp, sports camps, family vacations, etc)